Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Well... It's been a while since this guy got updated... My apologies to my ardent followers... The Italian lifestlye is not conducive to blogging... But let's see if we can't do some updates...

I last left you with a frantic last minute post pre-jury. Now that that is far behind me (and unfortunately the next jury looms on the not too distant horizon), life has resumed. Before jury I enjoyed a rather luxurious lifestyle, best summed up with to simple actions... to eat... and to walk. Rome is beautiful, scaled to the pedestrian, interesting, and WALK IS CHEAP! And then, you eat... I had expected sizable gastronomic expenses but not of the scale present. So tied to the action of eating... is the action of cooking. What is cheap to cook? Vegetables! Who would have expected such culinary talents (read talents as attempts...)! I suppose the Rodriguez blood runs strong! The Rodriguez's would be disappointed in the vegetable consumption and the drop in red meat... but what can be done... I'll clear the arteries out now and fill them back up at home...

Cooking, as always should be, is a family affair. Somebody chops the onions, somebody the potatoes, somebody boils the water... and so on. Some pretty banging dishes have been prepared. Check the potato, tomato, and mozzarella bake:



I also make a mean broccoli soup, baked eggplant and cheese, fritata... and more...


So, this was before jury killed all time... everything got fuzzy for a while... and then I came to and all of a sudden an urban analysis was done:
The picture doesn't want to load for me... I shall try and get it up.
No less than five minutes after I presented:

And after jury... Northern Italy! Posts to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment